What A Little Birdie Told Me...

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mom comes to Austin

I was so happy to see my mom in Austin this weekend. Although it was a short trip, it was a much needed trip, I missed my mom! Most of the weekend was stormy with lots of rain and lightning. We ended up going to two movies and getting movie butter popcorn :). We saw The Amazing Spiderman--Not very good, maybe if I was 13 & we also saw Snow White and the Huntsman--very dark and who would have known Kirsten Stewart is Bella in this movie too? On Saturday, we woke up early and went on a run in Zilker Park. It was finally sunny and we were dodging people on the trail, guess they thought the same thing. My mom is a runner! She is running a half marathon in September in Cotton Wood Heights. She signed me up too, so hopefully I can adjust to the altitude. After we ran, we went to the Farmer's Market. I think a lot of people thought it would rain, so it wasn't as busy as it usually is. We got some ripe red tomatoes, kale, rosemary cheese curds, peach salsa, cantaloupe mint lemonade, and some other goodies. We also went shopping downtown, and got the boys some little trinkets and "weird" things from Austin-- "Keep Austin Weird". Our soccer game was canceled, so we ended up going to a movie. After church on Sunday, we went to Mt. Bonell, the highest point in Austin. We then drove around to see the pretty houses in the valley. I love that area, if I could live anywhere in Austin it would be by Lake Austin. Monday, Mom and I went and got pedicures.I missed my mom, it was such a fun girls weekend!

Love,
Cameryn







No comments:

Post a Comment