What A Little Birdie Told Me...

Friday, July 13, 2012

July 4th 2012

This past week I went to visit Chris in Galveston. I knew I would have a lot of alone time so I brought my sewing kit, sushi maker, and new book. Ya, didn't get to any of those. Galveston was even more crowded this weekend because one it was fourth of July and two because of Pleasure Pier. We passed up Pleasure Pier and decided to play in the water and go swimming. Lewis and Jesse came down from Houston and brought some tasty marinated steaks. Chris and I did shish kabobs and I made of course my favorite guacamole. Earlier that morning we ate at one of our favorite breakfast places. It is a hole in the wall and we all got the same famous item on the menu the, "Sorpresa Burrito" Chris chimes in when we order "Surprise!" the old mexican lady laughs. It is made of deliciousness including egg, a huge tortilla, beans, bacon, cheese, potato. Oh so good! We indulged in tasty food all day while swimming under the Galveston sun. That night we went to the beach and watched fireworks while looking over the ocean. It was a memory to remember. Chris bought many fireworks so we went back to the apartment and made our own firework show. A couple of our neighbors wanted to watch and join in. We couldn't surpass the little girl's twinkling eyes as Jesse and I held our sparklers and were waving them in the air. We let off rockets, and blasters, and exploders...I have no idea what the fireworks are called I'm exactly opposite of a pyro. 
Oh just so adorable :)




Old looking monkey


Cheetahs! I wish they could run around...Maybe they should have a track to run around and people can run with them do get us motivated...haha

Good ol' Texas Lonestar Flag



arrgh we are pirates

Pleasure Pier Galveston

On the weekend we went to Houston to hang out with Jesse and Lewis. We saw there cute apartment and Jesse's garden which inspires me to do one...if only I had room...and I think our plants would get burnt because our apartment faces the sun basically all day. We went to the Houston Zoo and saw the red panda (looks like a fox). My favorite were the monkeys! There were these monkeys that looked like grandpa's. Lewis poked one with a stick and the monkey gave Lewis an evil eye. It was pretty scary I don't want my grandpa to ever give me an evil eye like that. We then went to Maggiano's an italian restaurant. I didn't know it was a nice restaurant so we were the only group that was not dressed up. It was a fun weekend in Galveston! I just hope Chris has more groceries next time... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment