What A Little Birdie Told Me...

Monday, June 25, 2012

For our first anniversary Chris got us tickets to go see Colbie Caillat and Gavin Degraw at The Backyard in Austin. I hinted to Chris that I wanted to go this concert for a couple of weeks and knew they were coming to Austin for a while. We danced to Andy Grammar, Colbie, and Gavin. I loved it! Perfect end to celebrate a great first year of marriage with my best friend. :)                                                                                                                
Friday I invited a couple from our ward over who recently moved to Austin. We went to this ice-cream place downtown called Lick. It is this little shop with A LOT of people meaning it was super crowded we were touching elbows the whole time. They have the strangest flavors: goat cheese thyme, and honey, spicy coconut with peanuts, too hot chocolate, lemon lavender, honeyed peaches with rosemary. I ended up getting cilantro lime and salted caramel. Salted caramel may have been the best ice-cream I have tried, and I am not a huge fan of caramel. It was the right amount of sweet and salty. I will take pictures next time of the cute & quaint shop. 
We went over to Jim's to watch the big NBA Championships.. OK lost :( I made Chris leave a couple of  minuets early because I didn't want to go to bed late. He said if this were the Jazz I would stay! That may be true but it was still a regular work day. 
Saturday is a special day. Because it's the day we play soccer!  I look forward to it all week. I want to start an indoor team with some people in the ward. I think we could be really good. We ended up losing 2-0. Chris didn't get to play much. Only 7 people RSVP online and then of course Vance tells Molly that we need recruiters! Then we have 7 guy subs and 3 girl subs.
We got a call from Cameron and Carly. We got to go on a boat to Lake Austin! Unfortunately it was a 3 minuete boat ride and 3 1/2 hour beer fest. We ended up swimming and trying not to get leaches on our feet. Gross! We danced to some 90's music and there were party boats tying on to each other to make a bigger party boat... I was looking forward to wake surfing but maybe next time. Also someone stepped on my glasses :( so now I have a huge crack in the lenses. Maybe there is a lens doctor somewhere that can fix it? 
Chris has somewhere to stay in Galveston! His friend Mike Do is doing a rotation in Peru, I was like Chris why don't you do that! I'm so glad he has a place to stay because that situation was a little stressful, we had to find someone who was leaving for a month. Well here goes another month a part! I am still not sure if I am going down there with him. My work is pretty flexible and I can really work from where ever, so I may just do a every other week thing or maybe I will just stay and enjoy some summer fun? I think I should enjoy a bit of a break, and I really want to learn how to surf...
I have another blog going, this is what I do to pass the time at work when there is no work... it's called licksnkicks.blogspot.com ya'll will have to check it out. I haven't written in it much yet, but it basically a nutrition diary (my own lovely recipes) plus workout blog of different ideas and things I find out. I guess I'm a little into Dr. Oz lately, who can debate People Magazine says he is the healthiest man live? 
Until next week!
Cam









No comments:

Post a Comment