What A Little Birdie Told Me...

Sunday, May 27, 2012

TEXAS size Cockroaches

Cockroaches are the most disgusting bug ever. There long antennas and chirping noise they make. I have chills already! I was able to have my first counter with one this week and it was memorable. I went to walk in the kitchen in the dark. When I turned on the lights a cockroach by the dishes was staring at me! It was the biggest insect I have seen. Chris even admitted that it was one of the biggest he has seen. I ran and jumped on the couch to get away from it. Chris said he killed it with a broom and dumped it over our balcony...that's what he says...This weekend we went with our friends Jim and Terra to see the movie What to Expect When your Expecting. It was pretty funny, but what made it more funny was Jim who was laughing his head off. When I turned to look at him I just burst out laughing. The movie is based on an old book. It is about five women who get pregnant around the same time. They all have different circumstances some sad and some happy. I think Chris got a realty check. While Jim and I were laughing our heads off Chris was laughing quietly...I whispered, "I think i'm going to be like the girl who says "Pregnancy Sucks!" of course trying to scare him, but really... I won't ruin it just in case you haven't seen it. So Memorial Weekend! We had this plan. A plan that fell through last minute. To go camping and floating down the river. We kind of forgot about how crowded and how everyone was leaving town to be up in the woods and lake. I was bummed at first but it turned out to be such a good relaxing weekend. We played soccer and lost miserably. They were the #1 in our division. It doesn't change the fact that I still think soccer is one of the best sports to be invented. Wednesday I got to help Elise with her Achievement Days lesson. For activities days I found a lesson that had to do with the Word of
Wisdom. You fill half the cupcakes with dirt and half of the other cupcakes as normal. You admonish them to not take the cupcakes with the sprinkles (filled with dirt) and advise them to take the plain
cupcakes, but say that you have your agency. Most of the girls took the plain cupcakes but there were two girls who took the ones with sprinkles. I waited for them to take their first bite and read them a
scripture in D&C on the Word of Wisdom. I continued to say the more attractive things in life such as the cupcakes with sprinkles may look better but are not as good for us once we find out what is in it like dirt (comparing this to drugs and alcohol). When they found out they said, “You are so mean!” and then continued on eating their cupcake…
Well hopefully they learned their lesson.

Have a great week y'all!
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment